Official Rules and Regulations
Official Judges 2016
To be Announced
- Registration fee covers admission for the entrant and 2-3 helpers. It does not include voting tabs.
- Salsa must be prepared at home. Entrant will provide at least 1 gallon of salsa for tasting. Entrants will be provided with sample tasting cups to dispense their salsa. One cup of salsa will be collected at the start of the event and held for the final judging.
- Tortilla chips will be provided to the public for dipping and sample spoons will be available.
- Entrant will be provided one 4 foot table and 1-2 chairs. Entrants are encouraged to decorate their table to enhance their presentation. The judges will vote for the entrant with the best presentation.
- Contestants are encouraged to invite family & friends to come sample and vote for their favorite recipe. Admission is $5 which includes yummy tortilla chips and 4 voting tabs. An additional 4 vote markers can be purchased for $5.00. Vote early & often!
- The top 3 teams in each category, decided by popular vote, will move on to the final round. All entrants will receive a certificate of appreciation for their participation in the Salsa Fiesta.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to the salsa judged the best by our judges in the following categories:
- $50 Best Traditional Salsa
- $50 Best Non-Traditional Salsa
- $50 for the Best Presentation